Follow our family as we build our dream house and live our life in between.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Beautiful table... disappointment.

As I said before, I have been scouring Craiglist for anything to fill my house.  Well, last night I found a beautiful dinning room table.  It is an antique round table with 4 leafs.  It didn't have a location, but said delivery was available.  The area code for the the add was 605, so I looked it up and it was out of South Dakota, but sometimes people move and keep their old cell phone number, but are local  with a different area code, so I was holding out hope that was true.  So I called the guy and sure enough he was in South Dakota.  When I asked him if delivery was available to Oklahoma, he said "Well, I don't know thats an awful long way to go."  And I said, "Well, if you listed it on the Oklahoma site then why wouldn't you deliver here if that wasn't an option?"  He said he had a friend that drove back and forth to TX and might be able to bring it back, but he was on his way back to SD and was unsure when he was going to go back.  Well, I told him to talk to his friend and let me know if that was an option.  I am sure I won't hear anything back from him. :o(   I am pretty upset about the fact that he listed it all over and said delivery was an option, but was unsure if he could deliver it this far.  Why do that if its not an option?  So if anyone is going to South Dakota and can pick up a table let me know, I might even pay you if you pick it up for me!  It just figures that I find something so perfect that I love and its not really available to me.  Thats my luck.  Either that or it gets sold out from under me, I will tell someone I am interested and would like to buy it and they sell it to someone else.  Well, lets hope he calls me back and it all works out.

2 comments:

  1. Carissa,

    I will be going through South Dakota next week and we have a Uhaul moving my stuff. Where is the table located? If it is near the interstate that might be an option if we have room, we are headed to Arkansas about 4 hours from OKC.

    Waylon

    ReplyDelete
  2. MY hubby and I were actually talking today and he thinks he wants to make a table, so I guess there is no need now, but thank you so much for the offer.

    ReplyDelete