Follow our family as we build our dream house and live our life in between.

Friday, September 17, 2010

Appliance advice

I got an email from my mom the other day that said their refrigerator wasn't working again and that she was talking to the repair guy about me.  She told him that I was building a new house and was getting a houseful of new appliances and well, he told her to have me call him and he would talk to me about what to get and what to stay away from.  So for 2 days we have been playing phone tag, but we finally got to chat and WOW!  What an amazing guy he is for doing this for me.  We talked for an hour and a half and he gave me so much information, I could probably be a repair man now.  Not really, but I do know alot more than I did before.  I also know that what I thought I wanted and what I thought was good, is actually not what I want at all.  I was going to go with the Electrolux brand, but not anymore.  I am going to be taking the information I learned from him and take it to the store and pick out all new stuff.  For one, he said go with the appliances that have the least amount of computerized stuff.  Which I already knew because Loy always said that, that is why I got a pretty plain Jane washer and dryer when we bought those 6 years ago.  He said computer parts are the first thing to go out and they are the most expensive and that is what this repair man said too.  Man my husband is so smart.  I should listen to him more.  LOL  So I am going to look at some appliances tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. GE and Whirlpool are my favorites. They are good brands with a lot of years under their belts. Kenmore is the same maker as Whirlpool so those are good too. Good luck and enjoy the browsing.

    ReplyDelete