Follow our family as we build our dream house and live our life in between.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Been a while

Its been a while since I have posted anything, but quite a bit has changed which means quite a bit has been going on and keeping me busy.  Last week they put in the wood floors throughout.  The whole downstairs is wood, except the powder room which will be tile.  All the texture on the walls are done which can be seen in these pictures also.








Also the upstairs hallway.



The brick work outside is done and looks great!!!  The garage doors are in also so we are completely closed in and can lock things up!




The rail upstairs is done now too, I just don't have an updated picture.  They had to order a specially made piece because it was bigger than the usual size and the attachment piece made it look horrible so he ordered a bigger piece.  The kids were so excited when it was in cause they could go out on the porch and loved it.


Our front steps.  Since there wasn't enough room to do many steps, they came up with this and I like it.


The chimney completely done and cleaned!  I think it looks fantastic!  they are going to paint the caps black to blend in a bit more.

 They poured the drive way Friday and we put our hand prints in it and our names and date.  It was fun and the kids thought it was fun.







Our handprints.  It was really fun!


I took a poll on Facebook on what color shutters I should pick.  I either wanted dark green or dark blue.  Well as you can imagine I got about half and half votes, with a couple random other choices.  After it was all said and done I think I have decided on dark blue.  The dark green on the brochure he gave us just wasn't dark enough so that is why I decided to go with dark blue.

I have also picked out my kitchen sink, countertops (which will be ordered soon), we have walked through the whole house and determined what cabinets I want and trim through out the house.  Trim carpenters will be here starting middle of next week and then it will slow down.  He thinks it will take 3 weeks, maybe a little more to get the whole house trimmed out.  They are also going to do the grading outside and put in the lawn.  Maybe then it won't look so much like a construction site.  Until next time...

I do have some other picture of the kids and Loy playing that I will add later.

3 comments:

  1. WE built our our a couple of years ago and it's hard at this stage when things slow down. You'll be in it before you know it. Are you going to stain the wood floors or leave them natural? Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going to stain them, but not real dark. don't really know what color yet.

    ReplyDelete