Follow our family as we build our dream house and live our life in between.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Stain time

Staining started a couple weeks ago.  They are painting today and hopefully be done today or tomorrow.  With as many people as they have, I don't see why they wouldn't be done.  I will post pictures of that today or tomorrow when they get all the plastic and tape off.  So here is the staining of the cabinets and trim


A couple from the kitchen.  I don' think they were completely done, but this is basically how they look, maybe a little darker now.  It is much darker than I was originally wanting, but I think it will turn out looking good once the countertops are in and backsplash and with the paint.





The stair way.  The white dust looking stuff is from when they were sanding it.


The doors.  I am really pleased with the way these turned out, love the color, the graining in them, I wish my cabinets looked more like this.

The fireplace in our room.

The trim around the doors and the crown are different woods so they took the stain a little different, but hopefully you won't be able to tell much of a difference.

I know I will love it all in the end when it is all together, but i was a bit disappointed in the cabinets.  Since maple doesn't have much grain it kinda makes it look like its just brown paint.  I think when the lighting is all in and right it will look different. I was disappointed in Sherwin Williams when I went to get samples of stain so I can pick it out.  When they put it on the wood piece I had, they did not let it soak in long enough so I did not get an accurate picture of what the stain looked like.  My sample was not near as dark as the actual stuff really is.

Got a call from FedEx this morning at 7:15 to let us know that our soapstone was going to be delivered Friday and wanted to make sure someone was going to be here to meet the truck.  They are going to call me 30 minutes before they get here to deliver it.  I am so excited, it'll be like Christmas morning!!!

1 comment:

  1. Meant to post earlier. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the dark stain, but then again, if I could have everything in a cherry stain so dark it's almost black (the crib and dresser in the kids room is that way), I'd love it! :)

    ReplyDelete