Follow our family as we build our dream house and live our life in between.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Saying good-bye

We just got home from Sweetwater, TX where we said good-bye to a very special lady yesterday.  My great-grandmother, Gran, passed away Wednesday afternoon.  She was just about 28 days short of her 95th birthday.  She was a life long member of the Church and was such a wonderful woman and quite an example to strive after.  I wish I had got to spend more time with her before she got too sick, or appreciated that time I had while she was still getting around really well.  i was too young to appreciate her and her life experiences.  i loved her so much, she was truly a good woman and someone I want to be just like.  I know she was not perfect because she was human, but she was as close as it gets as far as I was concerned or knew.  What was even more special was that she got to meet my kids, her great-great-grandkids.  How special is that?  I really hope that my kids remember her, but I am sure they won't.  Maybe Gracie might, but its so hard to tell since she is still so young.  I wanted to share a couple picture of her that are special to me.

This picture was taken in 2006, the first reunion after Grace was born.  She was 6 months old. We had 5 generation pictures taken that weekend also, so glad we did that.



Last May when I graduated Grandma and Grandpa and Gran came out and this is her and Claire, 5 months old, sharing a special moment.  That smile on her face could light up a room and showed the pure joy she had from the inside.

Claire was loving the special time as well.

Then Grace climbed up next to her and wanted her to read her a story.  Gran loved every minute, and so did Grace.



Then Andrew had to jump up there and join in on the second reading.  They wanted her to read it again, but she was tired after that, but made it so special that they loved her story reading.

This was in March, this year.  We went out to Albuquerque for a quick trip to get our house plans and my grandma caught this picture.  Gran was walking through the kitchen that morning and Claire came up behind her and wanted to hold her hand, and of course Gran couldn't resist.  You can't see her face but you can tell she is smiling all over.

She is definitely what you would consider a P31 and that is exactly the woman I strive to be everyday but fall short all to often.

We love you and miss you Gran, but we know you are happy in the arms of Jesus and we plan to see you when that time comes.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for the loss of your great grandma. Those pictures are so sweet and you will always have such great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Carissa, for sharing this. This is so beautiful! Lots of special memories and I love knowing that her example was not just for me, but for my children also. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our prayers are with you all. So sorry you're time with her is up for now, but rest well in the knowledge that this isn't the end. We send our love your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She seemed like a very special lady and what wonderful pictures.

    ReplyDelete