Follow our family as we build our dream house and live our life in between.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Good news!

We do not HAVE to have a vent for an electric stove so we are changing the kitchen around!  Yay!  I'm so excited!  Mark had some great ideas, Loy had some great ideas.  We are to think about options and Mark is going to do the same and we are going to get back together on Monday evening to talk about what we want and can do.  I am so happy about that.  The kitchen is the room I just wanted 'just-so' and it was nothing how I thought it was going to be when it was actually in.  Thankfully we are doing a custom house and he said it is very normal for things to be changed like this, which was a relief to me as well.  As I type this right now Loy is working on a 3-D model of the new kitchen on the computer.  I am very excited about it right now.  Maybe it will become the kitchen I wanted the whole time.  Mark even said he didn't like the way we had it on the plan, I just didn't know how else to make it better.  It is such a relieve to me that this can be done.

Oh he also told us that the siding will be in next week and as soon as it gets here it will go up.  We need to go pick out brick color and Trex for our porch.  He said the railing and post for the porches are in and as soon as everything else is ordered and in, it all goes up!  Then it will really look like a real house and will be torture to watch it sit there while they work to get the inside done.

No comments:

Post a Comment