Follow our family as we build our dream house and live our life in between.

Monday, August 2, 2010

Going up...


We have been having upward progress lately!  Yay!  I am about 2 weeks behind in my blogging so this might be quite a long post with several pictures.

The beginnings of our second story.  Looks like two stacked boxes with a few holes in the sides.


The from of the house.  Front door, one upstairs one downstairs.

The kids checking things out upstairs.  They love going into their 'rooms' and imagining what it will be like.


Good times playing at the house.

Back of the house.  Looks kinda funny right now.  Looks just like two plain boxes.  It does get better...
Taking a little break to look out the windows and take in the view.  Actually that is probably not what they were enjoying, but it sounds nice, like they appreciate it.

Cheese!

The porches are starting to form, along with the roof.



The front of the house...

Where I will spend many hours, top or bottom, it doesn't really matter.

The new stairwell.  This is the view just as you walk in the front door.

When I wake up in the mornings (or evenings depending on my work schedule for the day), this will be what I see.

Closer view.  Where we plan to have a little sitting area in our room so on cold days we can still enjoy the beauty God has blessed us with.


Where did this curly-headed cutie come from?

The new cats follow us up to the house and they even enjoy it.  Too bad they won't be allowed in once it is finished.

Right now they are working on putting the decking on the roof.  Whats next?  Shingles, siding, windows and doors.  Looking forward to that because then it will look more like a real house than just a wood box.

4 comments:

  1. It will be amazing! The kids look adorable in every pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting, exciting!!! I love seeing progress pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good! It seems like they've made a lot of progress in the last couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re: Stitches: I sliced my thumb pretty good last weekend. Silly me, I should be confined to a padded cell :). Send me your email address or something... I want to catch up.

    ReplyDelete