Follow our family as we build our dream house and live our life in between.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

We're in!!!

We are finally in our house, all moved in, but not settled.  We moved last weekend, Friday and Saturday and finished up the last tiny bit Sunday.  They they came to get the trailer ready Monday and Tuesday it was gone.  We are loving our house!  There is so much room and its beautiful.  I bought some furniture and Friday Loy picked up my rug, buffet and a chair and ottoman that will match my couch and chair that I have ordered.  We still have boxes everywhere and I am still trying to catch up on laundry, but its coming along slowly.  I had so much laundry, like every laundry basket in my house (which was about 5, some had dividers) plus clothes on the floor, clothes that we found as we were packing, under beds, couches, behind dressers under toys in the closets, there were clothes everywhere and that all added up to about 3 LARGE, black trash sacks!  So while I am trying to catch up on all that, we are still doing our normal thing and dirtying more clothes, which just back piles, and it just seems never ending.  I am hoping to have that under control this week and we can start getting in a routine.

As for the boxes, I have lots of purging to do!  I accumulated so much junk, I had no idea!  I mean, I knew I had stuff, but not as much as I ended up with.  I believe I let it get out of control because I just did not have the space to organize and go through stuff and so I just shoved it into the corner to get it out of the way and there it stayed and then more stuff got piled on top and it was just a vicious cycle.  If I did try to do something about it, it would get strewn about or messed up, or I just took on too much at one time and got overwhelmed and didn't give myself enough time to finish it so I just didn't do anything after a while.  But now I have the space to go through things and start getting rid of stuff.  Toys, clothes, and whatever, its all going!

I do not have pictures to share because,well, its just kinda boring right now and kinda messy.  But hopefully in the next couple weeks I will have everything fixed up.  I am having my first playdate with my mommy group on Valentine's day, so that is my goal!  I am so excited to finally have people over!  Its been 4 years since I have had company!  We have been so extremely blessed by being able to build this house that we now need to use it for the Lord's work and glorifying Him, since He is the one who made it all possible.  I still feel a little unworthy of such a beautiful place, but I know God has great plans for us and we plan to do His work with the blessings He has given us.

In other news, which i will blog on later are changes in my work, plans for our home, schedules, organization, weight loss and healthier eating, couponing, Flylady, and much more.  There are many things that will change now and I am very excited to finally have a place of permanence and I feel like we can actually get in a routine of some sort.  So obviously this blog will change a little bit since we are not building our house anymore, but I still want to continue the blog.  Any ideas on what to blog about?  Share them with me.  And I want to get better about blogging more often.  Well until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment