Follow our family as we build our dream house and live our life in between.

Friday, April 2, 2010

It is finished...

Well, almost.  We signed the contract for the contractor last night.  We sat down with him last week and talked about the bid and the money thing and told him we wanted to use him.  So we are going to Mark from R&M Precision Builders out of Shawnee, OK.  We really love him and the way he goes through the building process.  We are going to have to deal with this person for 6-9 months, so we wanted to make sure it was someone who we could talk to everyday pretty much, and we can with him.  Now all that is left is to get everything to the bank and sign the other part of our life away.  We hope to start work on the driveway and then the pad as soon as that is done so hopefully in a couple weeks.  Then the fun begins and the long 6-9 grueling months.

I am also meeting with a friend that is going to help me with the design part of the building process.  It will be nice to have a female perspective and understands what I want and why.  Hopefully she will be able to take my ideas and make them a reality and the way I want them, but can't do myself.  I am really excited to get together with her.  I am going through more magazines to add to my inspiration book so I can bring it with me.  I hope she can take all of my jumbled up ideas in my head and put them together, but that is what they do right?  We shall see...

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you! You have waited a long time for this and I hope it goes smoothly! I am excited to follow along! Go out and take a bunch of before pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! How did your meeting go with Kate? I bet it was so exciting to see your ideas written out on paper!

    ReplyDelete